JKBOSE Class 12th English Notes PDF Download
JKBOSE Class 12th English Study Material Notes
- Listening and comprehending various types of lectures and oral presentations on diverse topics.
- Developing confidence and proficiency in language skills for social and academic purposes including participating in group discussions and interviews by making short oral presentations on given topics.
- Understanding the overall meaning and organization of a text and identifying the main point and supporting details to enhance communicative competence in different English lexicons.
- Enhancing advanced language skills to improve reasoning abilities and drawing inferences through meaningful activities.
- Translating texts from mother tongue to English and vice versa.
- Acquiring the ability and knowledge necessary for independent reflection and inquiry.
- Reading and comprehending extended texts in genres such as science fiction, drama, poetry, biography, autobiography, travel and sports literature.
- Writing responses to questions or tasks based on prescribed or unseen texts, including expository/argumentative essays, formal/informal letters, applications and workplace-related items such as minutes, memoranda, notices, summaries and reports.
- Using contextual clues to infer meanings of unfamiliar vocabulary.
- Gathering and organizing information for oral presentations.
- Producing coherent paragraphs with sufficient details and support.
- Using grammatical structures accurately and appropriately.
- Completing forms, preparing CVs, writing email messages and making notes from reference materials and recorded talks.
- Employing passive forms in scientific and innovative writings.
- Transforming sentence/clause structures and exemplifying stylistic variations in different discourses including the use of modal auxiliaries based on semantic considerations.
- Take organized notes during lectures, talks and listening passages.
- Listen to news bulletins and discuss a wide range of topics informally including current national and international affairs, sports, business etc.
- Respond effectively in interviews and actively participate in formal group discussions.
- Make meaningful and appropriate inquiries and respond to inquiries related to domestic and international travel.
- Listen to business news and extract relevant and important information.
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Skim for main ideas and scan for details.
- Use dictionaries, encyclopedias, thesauri and academic references in any format.
- Select and extract relevant information using reading skills of skimming and scanning.
- Understand the writers purpose and tone.
- Comprehend the difference between literal and figurative meanings.
- Differentiate between claims and realities, facts and opinions and form business opinions based on the latest trends available.
- Comprehend technical language in computer-related fields, arrive at personal conclusions and logically comment on a given text.
- Develop the ability to be original and creative in interpreting opinions.
- Develop the ability to be logically persuasive in defending ones opinion and making notes based on a text.
- Respond to literary texts.
- Appreciate and analyze special language features that differentiate literary texts from non-literary ones.
- Explore and evaluate features of character, plot, setting etc.
- Understand and appreciate the oral, mobile and visual elements of drama.
- Identify elements of style such as humor, pathos, satire etc.
- Make notes from various resources to develop extracted ideas into sustained pieces of writing.
JKBOSE Class 12th All Subject Notes
JKBOSE Class 12th English Important Textual Questions
What are the major themes in the Novel "To Kill a Mockingbird"?
The major themes in "To Kill a Mockingbird" include racial prejudice, social inequality, the loss of innocence, the power of empathy and the importance of moral courage.
What literary devices are commonly used in poetry?
Common literary devices used in poetry include metaphors, similes, personification, imagery, alliteration, assonance, rhyme, rhythm and symbolism. These devices help enhance the meaning and impact of the poet's words.
How can I improve my essay writing skills?
To improve your essay writing skills, you can start by reading extensively, developing a strong thesis statement, organizing your ideas logically, using clear and concise language, revising and editing your work for clarity and coherence and seeking feedback from teachers or peers.
What is the difference between a drama and a novel?
The main difference between a drama and a novel is the medium through which the story is conveyed. A drama is written to be performed on stage and relies heavily on dialogue, actions and interactions between characters. On the other hand a novel is a written narrative that uses descriptive language and internal monologues to convey the story.
What is the significance of studying Shakespeare's plays in 12th class English?
Studying Shakespeare's plays in 12th class English is significant because Shakespeare is considered one of the greatest playwrights in literary history. His works explore complex themes, human nature and societal issues that are still relevant today. Studying Shakespeare helps develop critical thinking skills, enhances understanding of poetic language and provides insights into the cultural and historical context of the time.